Frequently Ased Questions
What is Flashwave®?
How does Flashwave® therapy work?
Flashwave® therapy combines our Flashwave® technology (the device) with a sophisticated diagnostic process and our specific treatment protocols. The combination of all three is what causes Flashwave’s® unique treatment results
What is Flashwave® technology?
Acoustic wave - is Flashwave® ultrasound?
What’s the science behind Flashwave® technology?
- Flashwave® uses STIMULOKINETICS to interact with cells.
- We’re more than happy to explain STIMULOKINETICS in it’s entirety to you in one of Dr. Craig’s workshops/trainings.
- The other two aspects of STIMULOKINETICS are the intellectual property of the doctor who pioneered the use of Flashwave®, Dr. Kenneth Craig S. Vincent.
- The first step of STIMULOKINETICS are the shearing forces affecting the cells, which is also what we publish in our marketing materials.
How long does Flashwave® therapy take?
- Flashwave® therapy in total takes anywhere between 30 and 45 min.
- Application of Flashwave® normally takes 8 – 15 minutes, depending on the size of the area that needs to be treated.
- The diagnostic part can take up to 30 min, depending what needs to be treated.
How many sessions of Flashwave® will I need?
- In MMC assume 3 sessions as standard
- Chronic wounds may take up to 8 sessions, but can also be healed after as little as two sessions. It’s strongly dependent on location and patient compliance.
- Complex pain cases show significant improvement with 5 - 6 sessions
- Urology indications require 3 - 5 sessions, depending on the indication
- Aesthetic indications typically also require three sessions
Is Flashwave® painful?
- For many indications Flashwave® is completely painfree
- In MMC Flashwave® therapy can cause discomfort up to pain, depending on the individual indication and pain sensitivity
Can I take pain medication and do Flashwave® therapy?
- Yes, the outcome of Flashwave® therapy is not affected by pain medication
- Still, please consult with your Flashwave® provider before scheduling a therapy
I’m pregnant – can I still get Flashwave® therapy?
What are the side-effects of Flashwave® therapy?
- Flashwave® therapy has no known side effects!
- The worst case scenario is no change in your medical situation, best case is complete healing
What are the contraindications for Flashwave® therapy?
- Currently the only contraindication for Flashwave® is a tumor in the treatment area
- If you’re undergoing cancer treatment and would like to have Flashwave® therapy for an unrelated problem, please consult with your Flashwave® provider
Does my insurance cover Flashwave® therapy?
- Depending on your country of residence and your insurance provider, yes, Flashwave® might be covered by your insurance.
- More often than not insurance doesn’t cover Flashwave® therapy and you’ll have to pay for it on your own
How much does Flashwave® therapy cost?
- Pricing for Flashwave® therapy varies greatly based not only on country of residence, but also region, facility, doctor and indication
- Please consult directly with your doctor/medical provider to get an estimate for your treatment cost
Acoustic wave – is Flashwave® shockwave?
The vast majority of systems sold as shockwave devices use air pressure or magnetic fields and a metal rod to create a pressure wave (“shockwave”). Treatment guidelines from the International Society for Medical Shockwave Therapy instruct the users (therapists/doctors) to apply the pressure wave superficially to the area the patient is showing symptoms, primarily aimed at tendon or joint-pain.
Flashwave® is nothing like that, it’s an entirely different technology and therapy approach: Flashwave® technology uses a high-voltage electric discharge (“flash”) in our specifically created liquid to create a wave which travels at hypersonic speed from our CCI (Cellular Communication Interface) through the application area and centimeters deep into the patient. Flashwave® therapy prioritizes healing the cause of medical problems, not treating the symptoms, primarily focussing on muscles. The Flashwave Faculty instructs and educates our users (physicians/doctors/surgeons) about all aspects of Flashwave® therapy, setting the treatment protocols for all of our medical users.